Saturday, June 12, 2010

Column on committee meeting and Bobby Vee


Your blogmeister writes a weekly column called "The Wordchipper" for the F-M "Extra" newspaper in Fargo, available free throughout the region. This week, I write about our Hiliners61 committee meeting in Valley City and the interview with Bobby Vee. If you'd care to glance at at, click here. I've placed it on an 8.5 x 11 sheet for easier printing, again, if you'd care to read it. I don't get paid "by the reader" so I won't feel hurt if you don't read it. Actually, I will, because this endeavor is consistent with my being a class cut-up with an "attention" deficit problem. Which, apparently, is still keeping me busy.  :-)   - LG

4 comments:

Diane Sauer Hughes said...

I read your column, Larry. Interesting perspective on "looking back." Easy reading; well done.

Larry Gauper said...

Thanks, Diane. I believe Colleen did too. I think you were the only two. My goldfish won't eat this week. :-)

barbsheppard said...

Guess what I found in my old high school scrapbook - an autographed photo of Bobby Vee and the Shadows. The photo was given to me by the group when they visited my dad's record store, during my sophomore year. I must have been working there that day. Bobby didn't have grey hair then!

barbsheppard said...

By the way, I read the article too! Got a kick out of being the subject matter for your column, Larry.