Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Remembering Classmates" list re-ordered by year

Thanks to diligent work by Ron Morsch, our keeper of the Hiliners61 class listings on this blog, I was able to re-order the list of departed classmates by year of death. Now, we have all 22 names with their year of passing (on the right side of this screen, below the classmate bios).

Delores Sather was the first to leave us, she died in 1962. 2012 was a bad year with the deaths of three classmates: Jerry Busche, Bonnie Van Enk Miller, and Bob Rust. The most recent classmate death was that of Lynn Anderson, who died in January of this year (2015)

It was a soulful experience for me as I went through each name, adding the year of death where that information was missing and re-ordering the list, which Ron supplied in proper order by year. I thought of each of these friends, what I knew about them, and how short life really is. This listing brings all of that home, and, to me, working with it was heartfelt. God bless the memories we have of each one of them.

I very much appreciate Ron's work on this. As Barb Lang has mentioned and I agree, he's amazing at finding this information; I don't know what sources he uses or how he does it!. - Larry Gauper


No comments: